Do you want to learn 5 fun facts about working out you probably didn’t know?!
- Helps recovery- when you exercise regularly, your follow up workouts aid in recovery by flushing out lactic acid (bicarbonate) which is a waste product in the body from your last workout! Feeling sore? Workout again within 48 hours to aid the recovery!
- Decreases stress- regular exercise helps to lower cortisol levels in the body which is one of the most natural ways to lower stress! Feeling anxious? Take a walk or do a HIIT workout!
- Improves circulation- as your muscles contract, they push blood back to the heart! Have you ever seen a cyclist’s calf muscles? They are huge! For one, they are always cranking on the pedals to climb hills but they also grow so that they can pump the blood back to the heart more efficiently. Otherwise know as venous return;) Want to get your heart rate up with additional benefits? Go for a bike ride to improve your circulation!
- Improved circulation equals improved body functions holistically- the circulatory system does many things for us. It regulates body temperature, which is why you sweat when you workout, to cool yourself down naturally. But when our circulatory system works better, so does our lymphatic system (our waste system which flushes bicarbonate), our digestive system works better to absorb nutrients and prevent lifestyle disease (like diverticulitis), and our nervous system works better too! Feeling foggy in your brain from staring at a computer screen? Go for a jog to “clear your head”!
- Most importantly, completing a workout improves self-confidence- accomplishing a goal we set for ourselves makes us feel strong and empowered! Self-efficacy is a little known benefit of working out that basically means “I am pleased with myself for accomplishing a goal”. Over time, as our confidence grows in our ability to complete a goal, it provides a positive feedback loop to our brain that says, “I can” more often than it says, “I can’t”!
There you have it! Five little known facts about fitness that you can use the next time you want to workout but you’re too sore, too busy, too sluggish, to tired, or don’t believe you can squeeze another thing into your day!
Dave Glaser has been a strength coach in Denver, CO and online for nine years. He has worked with athletes of all levels privately, in small groups or teams, and online through safe, convenient, and effective workouts designed to help you reach your goals quickly and safely.
I sincerely hope you are staying safe and healthy during these uncertain times across the world. For me personally, I have been doing a lot of work from home, reading, enjoying netflix, and creating new online programs for our clients. One program that I am excited about is our Body Weight Warrior program that launched June 1!
It includes four workouts per week, nutrition tips and recipes, and what I enjoy most about creating these workouts for you is that they can go anywhere and you can do them anytime you want! Most of them are less than 30 minutes so you can get it done and get on with your day!
Give it a try for free today! Just click here for your first workout delivered straight to your email inbox now!