Five years ago when we began our coaching journey, we stressed how important exercise was to help you reach your goals. And while very impactful to help you reach your goals, fitness alone will not make as big of a change!
We realized after about a year and a half that we weren’t providing the elite level of service that we held ourselves to so we dedicated 18 weeks to learning the advanced application of sports nutrition from Precision Nutrition! That education was a game changer for our community once we added in the #PrepWars Meal Prep Workshop!
Finally, we discovered the next step to help you reach your fitness goals was to add in some very important books that launched our clients forward!
The TOP 5 LIFE CHANGING books we recommend along with a the top 3 reasons they make a difference are….
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The key to exercising regularly, losing weight, raising exceptional children, becoming more productive, building revolutionary companies and social movements, and achieving success is understanding how habits work.
- Exercise is a keystone habit that impacts every area of your life because it boosts energy, decreases stress, and establishes a routine.
- Once a routine of exercise has begun, nutrition changes soon follow to support the additional energy expenditure while building lean muscle mass and decreasing body composition.
The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- This book demonstrates how to eliminate the barriers to success by overcoming false fears and beliefs.
- Two limiting beliefs that stand out are Burden and Not Feeling Good Enough, this book helps lay out a strategy to overcome these debilitating limiting beliefs.
- “Each of us has an inner thermostat setting that determines how much love, success, and creativity we allow ourselves to enjoy. When we exceed our inner thermostat setting, we will often do something to sabotage ourselves, causing us to drop back into the old, familiar zone where we feel secure.”
Find Your Why by Simon Sinek
- “If we want to feel an undying passion for our work, if we want to feel we are contributing to something bigger than ourselves, we all need to know our WHY.”
- Finding and committing wholeheartedly to your purpose helps to remind us why we begin a fitness journey and keeps us on the path when distractions or set backs arise.
- “Before we can stand out, we must first get clear on what we stand for.”
Mindset by Carol Dewick
- It is your mindset that will help you achieve your goals quickly and safely. If you have a growth mindset you are more likely to believe that you will reach the destination you set out on a quest for.
- “No matter what your ability is, effort is what ignites that ability and turns it into accomplishment.”
- When you avoid the trap of a fixed mindset, your achievements will come to you faster and are more likely to stick as a lifestyle change.
The Sacred Enneagram by Chris Heurtz
- By learning and identifying our personalities, we can recognize our tendencies, both good and bad in order to become our best selves.
- “When it comes to recognizing the truth of our own identities, most of us experience a symbolic version of blindness that keeps us from seeing ourselves for who we really are.”
- Our personal growth journey is propelled forward by connecting with our identity and our personalities. Once a connection is made with out true selves, our spiritual journey can begin wholeheartedly.
By combining a strong purpose with a safe and effective workout and nutrition program, we see our clients reach their goals faster than any one of the three dimensions on their own.
To connect with a certified personal trainer at Fit Life Champions, book a complimentary consultation at www.calendly.com/riseup