16 oz. Lean Ground Turkey
1 Large Egg
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1/4 Cup Parmesean Cheese
1/2 Cup Zucchini, shredded
1/2 Cup Carrot, shredded
1/2 Cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp Parsley
2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, delicately combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, cheese, carrot, zucchini, basil, parsley and garlic. Fold ingredients using hands; avoid over-mixing as meatballs may become tough.
3. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce int0 a medium sized baking dish.
4. Roll meatballs into about 1″ thick balls, and place evenly throughout baking dish.
5. Bake until meatball temperature is 165 degrees.
6. Combine Spaghetti squash, remaining sauce and meatballs and serve! Delish!
2 Cups homemade marinara
Spaghetti Squash Preparation
Pierce squash several times with a knife and microwave for five minutes
Season with black pepper and olive or coconut oil to taste and bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until soft.
View below video tutorial how to perfectly core the squash to appear like spaghetti.
Special thanks to this amazing Tumbler page for the original recipe! http://webuildchampions.tumblr.com/